UNITED features Microsoft Windows® software programs for UNITED tensile testing machines. From single test method programs to our DATUM software packages, United product software is known for its versatility and ease of use.
DATUM is a software program for conducting advanced materials testing using United Computerized Universal Testing Machines. This software offers unique features, unavailable from other testing system manufacturers.
- DATUM 5 is United’s latest materials testing software for use with our advanced SMART tensile test frames that feature USB-connectivity for test frame motion control and data acquisition. DATUM 5 runs on commercially available PC workstations such as those from Dell® and Hewlett-Packard®. Be sure to try out the United DATUM 5 Demo Simulation. It steps you through a typical test session.
DATUM software operates in an integrated fashion, providing a systematic means to:
- Develop test profiles in accordance with ASTM, other agency or independent testing standards. Select results from pre-calculated data.
- Choose from ready made test report forms which include material testing indices such as Tensile Strength, Modulus of Elasticity, Elongation at Break, or other computable results or define your own customized output report structures.
- Prepare for a testing session by allowing entry of pertinent sample information for the session as well as individual specimen details, including dimensional measurements where required.
- Conduct the actual test with automated machine control and data acquisition.
- Generate publication-quality reports and data curves for an individual test session.
- Facilitate the development of ad hoc reports or special studies requiring a high level database capability using Microsoft Access (included with the application).