Tru-Blue II Hardness Tester
Why do the following 5 manufacturers of Rockwell diamond indenters and test blocks trust the TRU-BLUE II to match NIST and UKAS national standards?
✪ David L. Ellis Company
✪ Gilmore Diamond and Tool Company
✪ WESTport Corporation
✪ Star Industrial Tool Ltd
✪ Euro Products Ltd
This level of quality began in 1985 by utilizing a load cell and computer to monitor all required forces in real-time.
Each tester comes with a multi-page “Direct Certification” which lists the calibration of force and depth including uncertainties, a time vs. load curve and the effects of hysteresis. This document gives the user the confidence that the TRU-BLUE II will meet all National and Aerospace requirements.
View the Tru-Blue II Informational Brochure PDF here:
Tru-Blue II Features
- 15 Superficial scales: 15N, 30N, 45N, 15T, 30T, 45T, 15W, 30W, 45W, 15X, 30X, 45X. 15Y, 30Y, 45Y
- 15 Regular scales: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, K, L, M, N, P, S, V
- 5 preset load dwell times including plastics
- Computer controlled application of loads (closed-loop)
- Force measured via load cell
- Display resolution: points, tenths and hundredths
- Serial, Parallel for Dot Matrix printing, & PS/2 keyboard connections
- Display statistics: Avg, Range, Min/Max, Std deviation and Number of tests
- 4×20 VF display
- Automatic cylindrical part correction
- Scale to scale conversion
- Parts GOOD/NO GOOD
- Bi-directional testing capability
- Removable parts clamping device
- Factory direct certification: Depth, load, hysteresis & timing
- Factory indirect certification: B, C, 30N & 30T. Additional scales available (Relevant indenters/anvils must be provided)
- CE approved
- 2-year factory warranty
- Vertical testing capacities: 10, 14, 18 & 20 inches. Custom vertical heights available
- Throat depth: 5.5 in. (standard) 9.5 in. (optional)
- 110-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz. Single phase, 2 amp
Accessories & Info
View our catalog of parts and accessories for the Tru-Blue II
Rockwell, Brinell and Micro hardness test blocks:
All test blocks come with a certification sheet containing all the necessary calibration information.
Rockwell test blocks can be ordered with a “circle grid” pattern for an additional fee
Rockwell diamond indenters:
Scales A, C, N and C/N combo indenters. All diamond indenters come with certifications.
Carbide ball indenters:
1/16, 1/8, ¼ and ½ inch. 2.5, 5 and 10mm.
Anvils and support devices:
Spots, flats, “V”, Vari and Jack rests.
2 inch roll mini serial and parallel printers
Stationary and mobile stands
Foot switch to activate test cycle
Mini PS/2 keyboard
Flexible LED lamp
Tru-Blue II Videos
Every Tru-Blue tester purchased allowsUnited to support local US businesses:
Various Electronic Components
Published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the Recommended Practice Guide, Rockwell Hardness Measurement of Metallic Materials, is essential reading for anyone concerned with hardness testing.
Written by Samuel R. Low of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, this book contains detailed information on everything related to Rockwell Hardness testing, from test procedures to references for test block standards to direct and indirect verifications. This publication resolves several questions including the following:
✪ How often should indirect verification be performed? (Page 54)
✪ Should my hardness tester be “Directly Verified”? (Page 44)
✪ Should machine hysteresis be checked? (Page 45)
✪ How does the test cycle time affect hardness readings? (Page 27)
✪ What about force verification? (Page 45)
✪ What happens if the machine forces are adjusted? (Page 45)
Download the complete on-line version of this publication (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader). To order the print version, please contact United Calibration Corporation at (714) 638-2322 or FAX (714) 897-8496. We will be glad to mail you a copy free of charge.
Tru-Blue II Mobile Stand
The mobile floor stand allows the end user to move the tester easily to mulitple locations. Mounting of the tester to the stand is required for safe movement. Setup is performed by disconnecting and re-connecting of the AC power cable. The Tru-Blue II tester is not required to be re-certified, only to be pre-checked on the selected scales to be used.
Note: please see ASTM E18 table A1.1 “Verification schedule for a Rockwell Testing Machine”. The Tru-Blue II is designed to be moved without recalibration!